Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Round 2 - O'Connor

Editor's Note: I would just like to apologize ahead of time for the poor graphics. I again forgot to unpause my game when I take pictures and that caused them to become a little fuzzy....or maybe this family is just bugged? Whatever the cause, sorry!
The O'Connor Family
103 Lake Street
$34,809
-
Title: Moving Up
-
Lot:
O'Connor - Victoria, Rebecca, Dorian, Madeline, Shawn
-
Hey guys, it's Madie here and I'm going to tell all of you how my family's second week in Prosperity Island went. There were a couple of birthdays this week so get your party hat ready as I tell you what exactly happened...
First and foremost, Grandma continued painting and actually got pretty good. She was getting about $200 a painting and eventually maxed out her creatvity skills. Grandma wasn't the only one to be raking in the money, mom and dad got on the money bus too! They both made their first $5000 simoleans on Monday after coming home from work. I only got dad's picture though, mom had rushed into the bathroom, I guess there isn't anytime to go to the bathroom when you're robbing a bank, go figure! Shawn had his birthday early in the week. We through a small party with a couple of family friends but I can't seem to find any pictures so I guess I'll just show you a picture of him after his transition. Isn't he adorable? Anyway, here is a little more about my little bro....
-
Shawn O'Connor
Male Toddler-S2-Blonde Hair-Dark Blue Eyes
Aries / 10 Neat - 9 Outgoing - 7 Active - 3 Playful - 2 Nice
-
He actually looks a lot like dad, he even has his eye color and nose!

Since both mom and dad work a lot, Grandma Victoria helped Shawn a lot with his basic skills as a toddler. She even taught him how to walk!

My birthday was on Wednesday, one day after Shawn's. Since both mom and dad had the day off, he also had a party with our closest friends. Here I am blowing out my candles!

And here I am after my transition. I decided to give myself more of a grown-up look and bought some make-up and new clothes. I liked my current hairstyle so I kept it the same. By the way, here is a little more about me!
-
Madeline O'Connor
Female Teenager-S1-Black Hair-Dark Blue Eyes
Popularity
Aquarius / 4 Neat - 4 Outgoing - 4 Active - 7 Playful - 6 Nice
(Turn Ons/Off) Fitness and Blonde Hair / Brown Hair
(LTW) Become Hall of Famer
-
I know what all of you are probably thinking....How could little Madie have chosen to aspire Popularity and not follow in her parent's footsteps and aspire for Knowledge?... Well, the answer is quite simple, I want to have my own dreams and be my own person. I guess it's also because I was always highly influenced by Knowledge when I was a kid that I wanted something different, which lead me to choose Popularity as the thing I aspire for.
Moving on to other things....Grandma sold her first novel! I know, it's awesome! She's wanted to sell a great novel for the longest time and it's great to finally see her accomplish her goal. Besides, she even made about $3000 simoleans for her novel, which made her quite happy, being a fotune sim and all.
Dad continued to max out his skills in hopes of knowing everything in the universe. Okay, maybe that's a bit exaggerated...but it's true! Anyway, here he is maxing out his charisma skills.
I really enjoy spending my free time with Shawn. He's so cute and adorable, and I had always wanted a little sibling. Here is a picture of me playing peek-a-boo with him.
His toddler years quickly flew by and in no time it was time for him to transition into a child. There was no party this time because both mom and grandma had work that day and dad isn't what you would call.... a party person. So instead of a party, I helped dad bake a cake for Shawn and the three of us had a little celebration. Here is Shawn after his birthday. I still think he looks adorable, especially with those little curls of his!
Now that we're on the subject of Grandma and her work, she actually reached the top of her career on Friday. Here she is right after she got promoted. I'm so proud of her for accomplishing so many things so late in her life!
This is just a random picture Grandma Vicky took Friday night. I guess it's true what they say..... A Family that Studies Together, Sticks Together.
Mom and dad took on yoga late in the week. It helps them stay in shape for their career. I'm actually considering joining them but I have tons of homework that I'm not sure I have the time.
Why is dad doing the smustle, you may ask? Well, guess what.........he maxed out all of his skills!
Yeah, he finally accomplished his life-long dream of knowing everything there is to know. I'm so happy for him, even though he is kind of a dork. Just kidding!
In case you hadn't noticed from some of the previous pictures, we finally made enough money to rebuild our small house. We still need to install the windows and add some decorations but the basic house is done for the most part. Here is the right side of the first floor. It consists of a living room and the master bedroom.
This is the left side of the first floor. It consists of the foyer, a bathroom, the kitchen, and the living room. We still need to add a few things to the kitchen also, but it's pretty nice, right? This is just our garage. As you can see, we don't have a car yet and we still need to paint but the garage is pretty neat and spacious. On to the second floor....this is the right side of the second floor. It has my bedroom, Shawns bedroom, and small study where we plan on adding some desks and maybe even a piano. The right side of the second floor isn't really finished yet either but it is basically a bathroom and a Grandma's bedroom.
This is the exterior view of our new house. As you can see, we still need to add the siding and brick but it looks pretty cool overall, considering what our old house looked like
( See A New Beginning) it's a huge improvement. I'm so excited that my family finally seems to be moving up and becoming a more wealthy and respected family here in Prosperity Island.
I'll end this update with a picture of us on Halloween. I was a hula girl, Shawn was a scuba-diver, Dad was a ninja, Mom was a vampiress, and Grandma was a chef.
-
Well...that's all that happened this week. I hope you guys enjoyed learning a bit more about my family and I. Be sure to come back next week and see Shawn grow-up into a teenager and maybe I'll even get a boyfriend...... hey....... a girl can hope can't she! See ya'
-
-Changes this Round-
Net Worth - $58,663 ( Up $23,854)
(+3) Impossible Want Fulfilled - Victoria O'Connnor

5 comments:

Kerry said...

They are moving right along, aren't they! What a goal-driven family!

Roo said...

Now there is a good looking family, the kids are adorable.
I love what you've done with the house! Its huge and rather efficient and gosh I wish I could build houses that nice.

Rhexy said...

Darn ruby saying what I wanted to say! I will say it again anyway...good looking family, Madeline and Shawn are darling. And I too like the house layout.

;)

Unknown said...

Madie and Shawn are super cute!! Madie turned into such a pretty teenager! The house looks gorgeous as well, definitely roomy enough for the big family! And I absolutely loved the yoga picture!!! Great update as always!

Ziese52 said...

Nice update on this family. Congrats on the max all skills.

The jaggedy things in your pictures are called artifacts and they are due to jpg compression. If you see them in the game try adjusting the anti-aliasing graphics options until they go away. If it's just in the pictures try adjusting the quality settings in snag it when you take the picture. Most of the time those are only noticeable when you blow up a lower quality image too large. I hope that helps.