Sunday, October 01, 2006

Round 1 - O'Connor

Editor's Note: I just realized how bad the graphics for this update are, Sorry! It's just that when I take pictures in my game while the game is paused, I get really bad graphics. And I forgot about that and took most of my pictures with the game paused. Don't worry, the next update's graphics will be much better!
The O'Connor Family
103 Lake Street
$20,000
-
Title: A New Beginning
-
Lot:
O'Connor - Victoria, Rebecca, Madeline
-
Hello. My name is Rebecca and me family and I just moved here from Ireland. Why we move, you might ask? Well, it is a very long. You see, me family and I used to be quite wealthy and even owned many a castles and properties. Me dad was been dead for many years and me husband and I lived with our beautiful daughter, Madeline, and me mother, Victoria. Me husband was a business man and probably the only source of income for me family for many years. We were doing so good that me mom was able to retire at an early age and I never had to take meself a job. But our lives changed one gloomy Sunday morning. Me husband, Scott, was heading to the bank to deposit a rather large amount of money made from our business. I had wanted to go wth him and help out but he told me to wait with little Madeline and left after having some breakfast. Everything after the time he left the house is a blur but from what we understand, Scott was murdered. A couple of bank robbers has made their way into the bank and had taken all of the money. Me husband tried to stop them and fought them but there were too many and he was shot in the heart. Life as we knew it changed after that day. With no jobs or source of income, we had to sell all of our business and before we knew it, all of properties were gone too. It was at that time that me family and I decided to move here to have a brand new beginning and make a new life for ourselves. You probably want to know a little more about me family and I so here is some more information....
Rebecca O'Connor
Female Adult-S2-Blonde Hair-Green Eyes
Knowledge
Aquarius / 4 Neat - 4 Outgoing - 4 Active - 7 Playful - 6 Nice
(Turn Ons/Off) Fitness and Black Hair / Stink
(LTW) Become Criminal Mastermind
-
I know what you are probably thinking. "Her husband was killed by robbers and she want to be a criminal?" Well, you are wrong. The reason why I want to be a Criminal Mastermind is to operate payback and justice to those who killed Scott. After I reach my goal, I will probably want to do something else with the rest of me life.
Victoria O'Connor
Female Elder-S1-Red Hair-Light Blue Eyes
Gemini / 4 Neat - 7 Outgoing - 8 Active - 3 Playful - 3 Nice
Fortune
(Turn Ons/Off) Facial Hair and Gray Hair / Glasses
(LTW) Earn 100,000 -
This is my mother, Victoria O'Connor. She was the manager of me family's businesses and loves to handle money, like a treasurer. I'm not sure she will be able to accomplish her dream of making 100,000 before she joins dad in the sky, but we can only hope.
Madeline O'Connor
Female Toddler-S1-Black Hair- Dark Blue Eyes
Aquarius / 4 Neat - 4 Outgoing - 4 Active - 7 Playful - 6 Nice
-
And this is my daughter Madeline, Madie for short. She is the spitting image of her father with his dark hair and blue eyes. She reminds me so much of him, I can only hope that she remembers how much her father loved her and continues on me family's name.
Anyway, I'm guessing you want to know how me family's first week went in Prosperity Island. To start of, let me show you our new house. It isn't much but it is all we can afford for now on me paycheck. It consists of the kitchen/dining area, living room, bathroom, and a big bedroom. The first thing I did was look for a job. I got a job in the criminal career as a pickpocket. I only make about 150 simoleans a day, but hopefully I will get promotions and make more money in the future. Mom also insisted on getting a job and helping with the money so she got a job in politics via the computer. I hope she does well in her job, at her age it might be difficult to work and help around the house. Since I didn't want mom to do too much, I tried to help out with Madeline. I even taught Madie how to talk and use the potty by Tuesday. Mom doesn't like sitting around not doing anything so she likes to go out by the shore and paint. She says it relaxes her and she gets a little extra money by selling her paintings In what seemed like no time whatsoever, it was time to Madie to grow up into a child. We were still a little tight on money so I just baked her a cake and had a small family celebration. Here is Madie as a child. Is she not adorable? I'm actually beginning to think that she looks like my mother? What do you think? Oh yes, you might want to know who this dashing man is, no? Well, with Madeline growing up and me growing older, I began to think that Madie needed a father figure. I was also beginning to get lonely so I went on the lookout for a partner. I met him, Dorian Kauker, one night while I was taking out the trash.
I usually prefer men with black hair, but there was something about Dorian that I was attracted too. I found out that he even shares my interest in knowledge and likes Blondes like me. I decided to ask him out on a date and we even shared our first kiss.
The next day, I decided to invite him over for dinner again on another date. We had lobster and ended up having a dream date and a 2 bolt relationship. There was something about him that gave me butterflies. When I am around him, I feel the feeling I felt with Scott, I was beginning to fall in love. He was feeling the same, and proposed engagement to me. I, of course accepted.
I immediately asked him to move in with me family and I. We didn't have enough money for a big wedding so we held a small private ceremony at our house with Madie and mom. Dorian decided to take me last name, he said it would be an honor to continue on me family's name, isn't he the best?
Dorian (Kauker) O'Connor
Male Adult-S2-Blonde Hair (dyed Brown)-Dark Blue Eyes
Sagittarius / 10 Neat - 3 Outgoing - 7 Active - 3 Playful - 2 Nice
Knowledge
(Turn Ons/Off) Blonde Hair and Make-Up / Red Hair
(LTW) Become Criminal Mastermind
-
As you can see, Dorian is actually a Blonde. He said he knew me was fond of darker hair so we dyed his hair brown. I said I didn't care what color his hair was but he decided to leave it brown. He also quit his job in the police force to try to become a Criminal Mastermind just like me. He is one of the best persons I have ever met.
Here is a pictures of me an Dorian studying away. We both have a thurst for knowledge and dream of one day knowing everything there is to know in this world.
I am expecting! Dorian and me had not talked about having kids but I am overjoyed to have another. Especially since Madeline is growing up and the house will soon be lonely.
At first I was a little worried about Dorian joining our family because of how Madeline would take him as a stepfather. But I am so happy that they are becoming to be best friends.
Here is Dorian maxing out his mechanical skills. He is such a handy-man and even fixed the refrigerator when it broke down.
I went into labor Sunday morn at about 6:15 am. Mom and Madeline were fast asleep so they didn't hear me screams. Luckily Dorian was in the kitchen getting a snack and helped me through the birth. I had forgotten how much it hurt. I even said a couple of unpleasant words in Irish, it's a good thing Dorian doesn't know Irish, I would have been embarrased!
I gave birth to a little BOY! I am so happy that I had a boy, I really wanted one of both, a boy and girl. We decided to name him Shawn, after me father. He has both me and Dorian's medium skin and blonde hair but also has Dorian's blue eyes. Is he not precious?
Well, that is all that happened in me family's first week in Prosperity Island. Make sure to stop by next week and see Madie grow into a teenager and little Shawn have his birthday too. Thanks for coming, until next time!
-
-Changes this Round-
Net Worth - $34,809 (Up $ 14, 809)
(+2) New Sims - Dorian Kauker and Shawn O'Connor

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job so far! Madie is gorgeous!

Queenofsimtopia

Unknown said...

Oh I really like this family. Maybe it's because I never get blond hair sims in my game (I always end up with tons of black hair sims), or because I really like how it started off with three generations of females! Or it could be b/c they're Irish, and I'm about to get married in real life to an Irishman! Either way, I absolutely love this family!! Can't wait to meet the next residents of Prosperity Island!

Anonymous said...

I just realized that I hadn't read this one yet. Sorry it took me so long! I love their story! Great job with their characters! Dorian is one of my favorite sims. I just had him marry into my legacy family's spare line and I love having him!

Ziese52 said...

I'm trying to get caught up on all these Prosperity challenges. Great beginning! Shawn is cute, but most sim babies are, aren't they?