Saturday, October 28, 2006

Round 1 - Jacquet

The Jacquet Family
109 Lake Street
$20,000
-
Title: Dates to Diapers
-
Lot:
Jacquet - Samantha
-
Hey guys, it's Samantha here and I guess you want to know how my first week went here in Propserity Island, right? Well, as you all know, I moved out of my dad's house earlier this week so this was the first time I was all on my own. A lot people think I moved out because my dad and I had problems but the truth is that I wanted to start a life of my own without anyone telling me what to do. I love dad, but we have different views on how life should be spent. Anyway, you probably noticed that this is now the Jacquet Household instead of Zarko, don't worry, I'll explain later.
Since this is a fairly new neighborhood there are barely any houses so I bought an empty lot. I hired a contractor and he built my first house. You can definitely tell that it's a bachelorette pad, the purple walls kind of give it away. This is an interior view of my house. It consists of a bathroom, bedroom, living room, and kitchen. As you can tell, the purple theme runs throughout the house. Even though I prefer the club scene and going out I knew that I would have to get a job to pay the mortgage and all of my expenses. I got a job in the Athletic Career Track the first day I moved in. Since my job requires a lot of running and exercise, I immediately began working out. I really wanted a promotion and working out would definitely help me advance in my job, not to mention giving me a nice body for all of the guys to admire.
Now that we're on the topic about guys, let me tell you about this hot guy I met on Wednesday. His name is Gilbert and he loves in the shopping center of Prosperity Island. I immediately fell for his charming smile and bright green eyes. I usually prefers blondes, but Gilbert seemed like a great guy and we quickly became best friends.
That same day I came home with my first promotion to Rookie. The promotion really helped because I was able to pay fix my computer, which short-circuited, with the bonus I got at work.
Getting promoted gave me the confidence to invite Gilbert over on our very first date. I him with a kiss in my front porch and got a crush on him.
We talked, ate, danced, and ended up having the time of our lives. By the end of the night we had a 2 bolt relationship, a dream date, and had fallen in love.
I knew that Gilbert was something special and I spent most of my free time in front of the mirror practicing how to ask him out again.
I guess all of the practicing really helped because I found out I was pregnant! Oh my god, I thought Gilbert would have used protection. I can't just blame him thought, I'm as much in fault for not making sure he was. I had never in my life thought that I would be having kids, let alone at the age of 23! I guess I should make the best of it though and try to be a good parent, just like dad did when mom passed away ( See Family Changes).
I knew that I wans't going to be able to take care of a baby alone, with my job and the cost of clothes, food, diapers, etc., so I invited Gilbert over for dinner and explained everything. He was a bit hesitant at first, since he is a romance sim and everything, but agreed to move in and help with the baby. There was only one problem........Gilbert has a MOM! I was shocked, Gilbert had never mentioned he lived with his mother...I guess it would have ruined his reputation of romancer if everyone knew he lived with his mother. We talked about it and we agreed to have his mom move in too, besides, she can help out with the baby and around the house.
Gilbert Jacquet
Male Adult-S2-Blonde Hair-Green Eyes
Romance
Libra / 1 Neat - 7 Outgoing - 2 Active - 6 Playful - 9 Nice
(Turn Ons/Off) Glasses and Make Up / Fatness
(LTW) Become Hall of Famer
$ 19,530
-
It turns out that Gilbert is actually a blonde! I know, I was shocked too. He said he had dyed his hair black because his ex-girlfriend had a thing for black hair but he dyed it back for me....he's so sweet! He also got a job in the Athletic Career track and works on the same team as me! I'm so excited.
Denise Jacquet
Female Elder-S1-Red Hair-Brown Eyes
Fortune
Virgo / 8 Neat - 2 Outgoing - 8 Active - 2 Playful - 5 Nice
(Turn Ons/Off) Fitness and Cologne / Swimwear
(LTW) Become Business Tycoon
-
And this is Gilbert's mom, Denise Jacquet. She's pretty nice and very clean so she helps a lot around the house. We sometimes butt heads about where something goes, or how to make dinner, but she's pretty cool overall. Except for one small problem.........
She has a CAT! I was a little worried about having a cat around the house because they seem to make a lot of extra work. I've also always been more of a dog person, but the cat came with Denise so I just had to deal with it. The cat's actually not that bad, she's potty-trained and doesn't scratch the furniture, I think.... Anyway, here is a little more about the cat.
-
Mocha Jacquet
Female Adult-Orange Fur (dyed Brown)-Dark Green Eyes
Cancer / 2 Genius - 2 Hyper - 3 Independent - 1 Aggressive - 2 Finicky
-
We really didn't have a lot of extra money to build a big room for Denise so we added on a small room for her and Mocha. Can you guess Denise's favorite color?
I was very worried about Gilbert and his romancing ways and about him running away and leaving me all alone with the baby. We had a long talk about the subject with Denise and decided that it would be best if we marry. Neither Gilbert nor I ever imagined settling down but I guess it's worth it for the baby. God, I sound like a family sim don't I?!?!
Denise decided not to get a job and instead take care of the home, Mocha, and the baby (when it arrives). She still wanted to help pay the bills so she took on painting for a little extra money. She's actually getting pretty good!
I went into labor Sunday morning. Gilbert was at work so Denise helped me through the entire labor. I guess Gilbert couldn't have really done anything anyway so I was fine with him working that day. Boy, it was painful! It really makes you think about getting pregnant!
After much pushing and pain, I finally gave birth to a beautiful baby GIRL. She's almost an exact clone of Gilbert. She has his blonde hair and green eyes but my lighter skin tone. We decided to name her Andrea.
Gilbert was pretty excited about having a baby girl. I could still tell that he was a little worried, he would sometimes spend hours in the bathroom thinking about out future together but hopefully we'll get through it and become a happier couple.
-
Well, that's all that happened this first week. You probably already figured out why this is the Jacquet Household right? Yeah, I took Gilbert's last name when we got married. Be sure to come back next week and see Andrea grow up into a little girl. Who knows, Gilbert and I might have settled some of the problems we have and maybe Mocha will even get a job?
-
-Changes this Round-
Net Worth - $44, 951 (Up $25,951)
(+3) New Sims - Gilbert Jacquet, Denise Jacquet, and Andrea Jacquet
(+1) New Pet - Mocha Jacquet

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Andrea is the cutest baby I've ever seen! Even though they all look the same at that age...she still just looks super cute with that blond hair and those big green eyes! I hope everything works out for the family...it's not easy living with your mother-in-law...and her cat! Yay for pets! I got it too and have been having tons of fun making puppies and kittens! Hehe, but you won't see any of those until after all the pageants are over!

Anonymous said...

Oh man! I can't imagine getting married and then having my mother-in-law and her cat join in!

Roo said...

He brought his mother and she brought her cat.. wow what a household!
Well done combining the family. I like Gilbert better as a blonde!

Just Moi said...

Gilbert and Denise look so different and better than what Maxi's had set them up to look like , baby Andrea is a cute one :)

Rhexy said...

I agree with ruby and prmami...Gilbert is WAY better blonde! Nice job round one...and I like the way you report you stats.