Sunday, December 03, 2006

Round 2 - Jacquet

Editor's Note: I am going to do something a little different this update and have the explanation for each picture before the picture, rather than below it. I'm just thinking that this way, the reader can read everything first and then get the picture at the end, rather than the picture ruining the ending. Please let me know what you think when you leave your comments.
The Jacquet Family
109 Lake Street
$44,951
-
Title: Lonely Burning Sensation
-
Lot:
Jacquet - Denise, Gilbert, Samantha, Andrea
-
Hi everyone, this is Samantha again and I'm going to tell you everything that happened to me and my family this week. I found that living with Denise was actually pretty good, she was a great babysitter and would always take care of Andrea when Gilbert or I were busy.
Gilbert started working on his body skills a ton since he got a job in the athletic career track. I don't mind the least bit, who wouldn't want a hot, fit, husband?

Andrea's birthday was on Monday. We didn't get a chance to throw a party for her because...well..I'll explain a little later. Anyway, here are her stats.

Andrea Jacquet

Female Toddler-S1-Blonde Hair-Green Eyes

Libra / 1 Neat - 9 Outgoing - 2 Active - 6 Playful - 9 Nice

The reason why we didn't throw a party for Andrea was because me and Gilbert have been having some problems. We would disagree on stupid things like what to have for dinner and what show to watch and go on and on until he was frustrated and I would be crying my eyes out. Our marriage seemed to be going downhill.

I found myself spending nights sleeping in the couch over all of our fights. I was starting to think that our marriage had been a bad idea and that maybe we were too young to have married at such a young age. Denise would sometimes hear us fighting but she just seemed to ignore us. I thought for sure there would be no solution to our problems other than divorce until one night.

Gilbert had woken up to make himself a midnight snack. He put a slice of leftover pie in the oven and, while the slice was cooking, he had a sudden urge to go to the bathroom and left, leaving the pie unattended. While he was in the bathroom, it happened....the oven burst on fire.

We had no fire alarm in the house because it had broken down a couple of days before. Gilbert had taken it down and said he was going to fix it, but he never did. Since we were all asleep, we didn't know about it until Gilbert came out of the bathroom and started yelling. I grabbed Andrea and Mocha and ran out with one of them in each hand. But since Denise's room and the bathroom are so close to the kitchen, Denise and Gilbert were trapped by the flames. Gilbert attempted to extinguish the flames but was engulfed in the fire in a couple of minutes.
Denise tried to extinguish Gilbert but got too close to the now raging fire and also caught on fire. I tried to get to the phone and call the fire department but the phone was engulfed by the fire also, there was nothing more I could do but try and extinguish the flames.
I saw that I could not fight the fire alone and ran to the Morawa's home to call the fire department. Unfortunately, when the firefighters showed up, it was too late. Both Denise and Gilbert had been engulfed and neither of them made it through that night. Mocha also suffered the same fate when she tried to help Denise, her owner from the fire. This is all that is left off Denise and Gilbert. I didn't have the funds to pay for a large funeral so I just had a small private funeral in our backyard. I guess it's just me and Andrew from now on.
I thought I would go crazy without Gilbert in my life. Even though we had our difference, I still loved him and loved him until the day he died....I still love him. Thankfully, I had Andrea. She gave me a reason for wanting to live, I don't know what I would have been without my little girl.
My dad, Edward, and brother, Adam, came over for dinner the day after Gilbert's death. They assured me that everything would be fine and told me that they were there to support me if I ever needed money, a place to live, or even someone to talk to. We talked a little about my lack of funds and Dad suggested I start buckling down and focus more on work and family.
Whenever I felt lonely and depressed I found that spending time with Andrea, teaching her skills and playing with her, helped me focus on something other than our recent tragedy. Here I am teaching my little girl to walk.
Andrea's transition into childhood was Friday morning. I was too tired from work and taking care of a toddler to throw a party, so I just baked a small cake and had a small celebration, just me and my little girl.
Here is Andrea after her birthday. Isn't she adorable? I think she favors Gilbert's family more than mine, she even has his nose. What do you think?
Seeing my baby grow up into a wonderful little girl made me think about our future. I realized that Gilbert was gone forever and that I would need to work hard to make a life for both me and Andrea, I needed to give Andrea a mother to be proud of and someone to love...
I began painting on my days off for money to solve our economic situation. I began averaging about $500 a painting, it definitely helped with our income and paying the bills.
I also worked harded to get promotions, even if that meant spending all of my evenings skillings. I even sold my first masterpiece for about $600.
Gilbert's ghost made it's first appearance Saturday morning. It was sometime around 5:00 a.m. and I had woken up early to finish a painting from the night before. All of sudden, it jumped out of the canvas and nearly made me wet my pants! I guess it isn't too happy with me, probably because of all the problems we had while he was alive, we was actually nice to Andrea though, and never frightened her.
I got a call Saturday afternoon from Gilbert and Denise's insurance company. They explained to me that Gilbert's family had owned a bakery in a neighboring town and that since Gilbert had no other family, it now belonged to me! I was so excited... the bakery was worth around $30,000! I was a little confused about what to do with the bakery but after a couple of hours, I decided that the best idea for Andrea and I was to sell it. I realized I couldn't really handle managing a business our going in and out of town for that matter, so I sold it to Landgrabb Industries that very same evening.
With the money I received from the bakery, I decided to add on to our house. It's nothing huge, but after all, it is just me and Andrea. This is the exterior view of our new home.
And this is the exterior. It consists of, from left to right; Andrea's bedroom, the kitchen, the dining room, my bedroom, the living room, and the bathroom. Not too shabby, huh? By the way, pay no attention to the paper girl at the bottom of the picture, she somehow wandered into our picture.
Did anyone catch something different in the previous picture? No? Right next to the farthest up cabinet.... a dog bed! That's right, we have a new member in our family. We decided to get a puppy because the house was starting to get awfully quite and lonely. We adopted our puppy on Sunday and decided to name her Snowball.
-
Well, that's all I have for you guys this week. As you can see, this week has definitely been hard on the whole family. Hopefully next week will be much better. Make sure to come back and see Andrea transition into a teenager and Snowball grow up. See ya'
-
-Changes this Round-
Net Worth - $55,809 ( Up $10858)
(-2) Sim Deaths - Gilbert and Denise Jacquet
(-1) Pet Death - Mocha Jacquet
(+1) New Pet - Snowball Jacquet

5 comments:

Just Moi said...

Oh this was really sad - the fire alarm is usually one of the 1st items I put into a home and even the cat died eh? wow so do Pets get a marker too?

Rhexy said...

Oh SGX! How awful. Poor Gilbert and Denise...and Mocha! At least Denise and Andrea have eachother (and the inheritence didn't hurt!).

I did see your post regarding Mocha. I am not sure if pets get a marker either. My first pet (Mystic) just became an elder this weekend (I used the kibble of life on her) so we will have to wait and see. I sure hope they get markers.

Well, despite the need for kleenex great update per usual!

Mao said...

Awww, that's a tough break! Poor girl, now she's a single mother. She seems to be doing well, though. I think pets that die do get markers, because they pop up as ghosts, too... or at least that's the impression I was under. Here's hoping Andrea continues to grow up well, despite the loss of her father!

Unknown said...

I like the new format better.

Great update as usual.

Roo said...

Aw, bye Denise, Gilbert & Mocha. Thanks for the momories, the heiress & the inheritance!
Poor Samantha, maybe she can find love again some day.